Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy




This will not be a long post. It will also be my only post this week.

I am packing to go out of town (to Charleston and Georgetown, SC) for our 13th anniversary. We are celebrating a marriage that almost didn't make it past the shaky 8th anniversary. I spent the 8th (July 03) packing up my kids' stuff to take to them when they'd had to move in with their biological dad after our lives fell apart in June of 03.

Now, with God's grace, we not only celebrate our anniversary, but will also soon celebrate a year of being back in the same house together! I will have to post more about that later.

For now, I am posting pictures of my garden.

During those four years of separation, I clung to Isaiah 51:3.

"The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins: he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing."


My wasteland has become a garden. You can often find me there, because it brings me great joy. Sometimes I am hidden among the plants as I weed or tend, but all you have to do to locate me is listen for the sound of singing.

May God put a song in your heart today!

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

I remember that scripture was posted in your bathroom before I left for college. Is it still there??
I love you, Mom! Happy Anniversary!

Renee Motley said...

Lisa,

I love reading your blogs. They always make me happy too!

Praying for your health.

Renee